About the company:
Calming Co., the creator of Relax, www.drinkU.com – a one-of-a-kind soothing tonic made from herbal ingredients proven to promote relaxation and relieve stress.
Our products will be sold online and through multiple retail channels in the United States and potentially overseas. This is the first of four products that our company will launch in the next 2-3 years.
We are looking for a field manager to represent Relax throughout the territories of San Diego and Los Angeles. * We have already established brokerage and distribution partnerships.
About the job:
Like a Relax Responsible for Field Sales, you will be responsible for achieving sales and distribution goals for major retailers, on-site, UDS and all other sales channels. This is an important role on the ground and the ability to influence retailers and development partners is essential. We are looking for someone to act like an owner, challenge the status quo and maintain a ‘bottle is half full’ mentality.
We believe in shared leadership where team members are heard and leadership is widely distributed. We are fully committed to our employees as long as they carry the load.
- Create, build and maintain strong partnerships with distributors and retailers to develop the portfolio of Ã Calming Co. in the assigned territory
- Apply company sales strategies in key markets to dominate the relax drink category
- Communicate with our distributor partners to execute business execution with upcoming promotional programs and activities
- Work closely with the management team to ensure streamlined communication is received
- Identify business opportunities to work with channel partners to improve support for retailers
- Build strong relationships at the local level with key decision-makers for the chain’s accounts in the territory
- Strong emphasis on ongoing training with sales teams on category management, innovation, market conditions, competitor knowledge and trends
- Market execution, distribution maximization and securing high value retail spaces
- 10-15 calls per day, 5-10 store visits depending on travel restrictions.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent in commercial or commercial marketing
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in the beverage and vending environment
- Adaptable and quick to learn new processes and tools.
- Thrives in a ‘do it’ startup environment
- A history of performance reaching targets and objectives.
- Autonomous, goal-oriented and flexible, enjoying working in a fast-paced and sometimes stimulating environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Collaborative, open, flexible
- Successful experience driving sales in a high growth environment.
- Sales experience in various sales channels / environments (natural and specialty chains, independent, C-Store, Drug and Food Service)
- Excellent negotiator
- Curious. Forward thinking thinker.
- Excellent presentation skills. Both written and spoken
- Experience with excellent in-store sales standards
- Proven track record of sales experience and success
- Experience working and influencing with DSD and merch teams
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (excel, word and PowerPoint), the Google suite (sheets, documents, slides)
Apply for this job