Hey, Rochester-Rochester Hills! I’m here in your inbox this morning to tell you everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. Because community news matters!
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partly sunny and less hot. High: 72 Low: 53.
Here are the top stories in Rochester-Rochester Hills today:
- Rochester Adams defeats Utica Eisenhower, 6-3, to win baseball’s first district crown since 2016. “It’s great, all the work we’ve done. This one was definitely rewarding,” Highlanders co-captain Jackson Borowski said. (The Oakland Press)
- A 45-year-old man was found dead by police officers. gunshots in Pontiac parking lot, officials said. The man was around 6 a.m. Monday in the Cherry Hill Drive and West Fairmount Avenue area of Pontiac, officials said.
- Who is hiring in the Rochester-Rochester Hills area? Browse New Local Jobs. (Rochester-Rochester Hills patch)
Today in Rochester-Rochester Hills:
- Elder Law: Going Grey, It’s Not All Black & White Get essential insights in a live event hosted by (10:00 a.m.)
- Elder Law: Going Gray Isn’t All Black and White (10:00)
- Ribbon cutting for AKT Rochester Hills (4:00 p.m.)
- Planning Commission – Charter Township of Oakland (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Oakland University: “Congratulations to OU Men’s Basketball Coach Greg Kampe for being Detroit News Michigan’s Year! #ThisIsOU” (Oakland University via Facebook)
- Meadow Brook Room: “Alfred Wilson was a very successful lumber broker who ran his business from his study at Meadow Brook Hall and his office in the Fisher Building in Detroit. His study at Meadow Brook features English oak paneling and c…” (Meadow Brook Hall via Facebook)
- Northwest Lutheran: “Tonight, the Northwestern Lutheran Class of 2022 celebrates graduation. Thank you for blessing our school with your leadership and talents over the past four years, Crusaders! Congratulations!! Blessings from God and #GoCrusaders” (Northwest Lutheran via Facebook)
- Oakland County Sheriff’s Office: “Today we remember those who fought and died on D-Day. We will always honor and remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. This photo is of a plaque Sheriff Bouchard made with sand he had the honor of collecting at Omaha Beach…” (Oakland County Sheriff’s Office via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You’re all caught up for today! See you soon.
— Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on the Westside of Detroit, in the Polish blue-collar neighborhood of Warrendale. I am a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration to journalism came when I was young, when I started following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break into the world of journalism began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I finally worked my way to the news editor. So, with first-hand experience growing up in a close-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as the latest news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about new tips or your own unique experiences at [email protected]
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Rochester-Rochester Hills Daily? Contact me at [email protected]